Off-Market Real Estate
Many properties are sold without ever being listed on the multiple listing service, or MLS, used by real estate agents. These are known as “off-market properties or “pocket listings,” and they are sold or rented out privately rather than through the public listings of a broker or agent.
There are many advantages to selling your income property off-market, and Investment Property Guru Matthew Scott can show you how to use them to generate the most profit!
Sell Without An Agent
Why Consider Selling Off Market
There are certain conditions where off-market real estate is the ideal choice:
- • If your property is in a market with fewer homes and many buyers, you can be more selective about who sees the home.
- • If it’s an income property, there’s no pressure to strike the first deal to meet a closing date; the “days on market” number can add an air of desperation that attracts only lowball offers.
- • If you work with an agent, they can wrangle only the serious bidders, rather than opening up the home to the public.
- • You don’t have to worry about having the home ready for unexpected showings. While Off-market properties usually have fewer showings, those that do come are more serious about purchasing it.
- • You can sell the property discreetly if the circumstances are private or forced, like a divorce or the sale of an estate after an unexpected death.
- • It allows you to test the market and see the saleability. This can help you determine a more accurate price for the property.
By taking your property off-market, you can take more control over the process and sell it on your terms. You can choose when the home is available and who can see it when you’re ready. Selling off-market listings can be extra work, but the money you save can make it worth it. Plan your work and financial strategy with Matthew Scott, an expert with first-hand knowledge selling pocket listings!